By submitting Personal Information to the club and the club's website, you agree that Merrion Cricket Club may process it in the manner described in this policy which describes our current practices with regard to Personal Information which is hosted by ClubBuzz Ltd. The term 'Personal Information' refers to information about you personally, or about any of your children who are members of Merrion Cricket Club, which, from time to time, you will be asked to submit (e.g. name and email address) in order to receive or use services on our website. As a result of changes in the law and technology, our practices will change over time. When this happens, we will post the changes on our website as soon as is practicable and, therefore, we encourage you to check the site frequently. We will always deal with your Personal Information fairly and in accordance with your instructions.
Use of Personal Information
Merrion Cricket Club will process your personal information for the purpose of running the activities of the club. Such purposes include the following:
- maintaining our membership database.
- to inform you of selection for teams or invitations to club events.
- contacting you with information pertinent to the club, your membership or application for membership and details of events and other matters which we think will be of interest to you.
- marketing and market research.
- internal use to help us improve our services and to help resolve any problems.
Other Consents and agreement
In addition, you agree to the following, in respect of you and any youth members of the club for whom you are a parent or acting guardian:
- to the member taking part in club activities and that the membership information provided above may be used by the club and by the Leinster Cricket Union for purposes of registration and administration.
- that photos / images of the member be posted on club and Cricket Leinster websites in line with the Code of Ethics and Good Practice as published by Cricket Ireland on its website
- that the Team Manager may give immediate necessary consent on your behalf for any medical or surgical treatment recommended by competent medical authorities, where it would be contrary to the interest of the youth member, in the doctor’s medical opinion, for any delay to be incurred by seeking your personal consent
- that the youth member may practise and take part in matches with adult players and compete in adult competitions organised under the aegis of the Leinster Cricket Union.
Any information you provide to us will only be used by us and possibly passed to our partners for the purpose of dealing with payments and using communications portals. It may also be disclosed to your organisation’s Governing Body. You should also be aware that your information may be disclosed where we are obliged or permitted by law to do so.
We will hold your Personal Information within our systems for as long as you remain a member of the club. When you cease to be a member all personal data will be deleted within 6 weeks of the date of your resignation.
A 'cookie' is a small amount of information that is placed on your computer's hard drive when you visit a website. It collects details of visitor behaviour, which can be used to improve the service delivered to you on a website.
Your computer can be set to accept or reject cookies if you visit the "help" menu on your web browser. However, by rejecting cookies, you will not be able to use the "members' area" of the site and you will not be able to complete the registration process.
When you visit this site, your Personal Information may be collected using 'cookies'. Such information is subject to data protection laws and is dealt with in accordance with this Policy. For more information please visit : http://www.aboutcookies.org.
Your data will be managed by ClubBuzz Ltd who manage data for hundreds of similar clubs in a secure hosting environment. Your data will be retained within the European Economic Area (EEA) other than where it is transferred to a third party for the purpose of setting up a payment regime where it will only leave the EEA if security meets the EU’s security requirements.